|“Put down that chocolate bar!”||“That chocolate is just going to rot your teeth.”|
|“That is going to go right to your hips…”||“Grab an apple instead.”|
|“Aren’t you worried about cavities?”||“Chocolate is not good for you.”|
Chocoholics rejoice! Study after study has proven that dark chocolate is not only not bad for you…it actually has several health benefits. The secret ingredient: cocoa, which not only adds chocolate’s distinct sweet taste, but, because it is packed with healthy chemicals like flavonoids and theobromine, cocoa also combats disease. Wow! Who knew chocolate could do all that!?
The Many Health Benefits of Chocolate
- Heart Health: Did you know that chocolate has cardiovascular benefits? One or two servings of dark chocolate a week can cut your risk of heart failure by as much as a third, according to a nine-year Swedish study of more than 31,000 women.
- Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, & Stroke: A German study found that a square of dark chocolate a day can help lower blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke by 39%.
- Weight Loss: Wait; chocolate and weight loss in the same sentence? Could it be true? Because dark chocolate if very filling, it helps lessen cravings and thus aids in weight loss, according to researchers from the University of Copenhagen.
- Diabetes Prevention: Believe it or not, an Italian study found that a candy bar of dark chocolate daily saw their potential for insulin resistance drop by nearly half.
- Parenting Stress: Studies have shown that women who eat chocolate daily during their pregnancy were better able to handle the stresses of parenthood than mothers who abstained from chocolate during pregnancy.
Wow! Who knew chocolate could do all that. Now if only there was a place to easily order chocolate online…oh wait! Wockenfusscandies.com!
If you have any questions about Wockenfuss Candies’ wide variety of chocolate treats, please contact us by calling 1-800-296-4414 or email info@Wockenfusscandies.com. When you’re not savoring our sweets, stay satisfied by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!
9 Health Benefits of Chocolate Women’s Health Magazine