Chocolate: you love it. That much is certain. But there are probably a few things you didn’t know about your favorite candy. For instance, did you know the smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which trigger relaxation? No wonder you feel so at peace when you are enjoying your favorite chocolate concoction: peanut butter cups, chocolate pretzels, chocolate malted balls, or whatever tickles your fancy. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous other interesting facts about chocolate that may surprise you.
Interesting Facts about Chocolate
- Dark chocolate has more cacao, the beans that chocolate are made from, and less sugar, making it a healthier alternative to milk and white chocolate.
- Dark chocolate also contains antioxidants, which help the cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure. Eating dark chocolate widens arteries and promotes healthy blood flow.
- One or two servings of dark chocolate a week can cut your risk of heart failure by as much as a third, according to a nine-year Swedish study of more than 31,000 women.
- According to researchers from the University of Copenhagen, dark chocolate helps lessen cravings and thus aids in weight loss.
- Believe it or not, an Italian study found that a candy bar of dark chocolate daily saw their potential for insulin resistance drop by nearly half.
- Studies have shown that women who eat chocolate daily during their pregnancy were better able to handle the stresses of parenthood than mothers who abstained from chocolate during pregnancy.
Wide Selection of Chocolate from Wockenfuss Candies
Head to WockenfussCandies.com and browse our wide selection of chocolates and candies. We promise you will not be disappointed. Wockenfuss Candies is one of the oldest candy makers in Baltimore. We opened our doors in 1915 and have proudly served the people of Baltimore ever since.
If you have any questions about our Wide Selection of Chocolates, please contact Wockenfuss Candies by calling 1-800-296-4414 or email info@Wockenfusscandies.com. When you’re not savoring our sweets, stay satisfied by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!