Winter is just about over with and spring is on the horizon. With spring comes one of the sweetest holidays of the season, Easter. Every year, children and adults alike, dye eggs with wonderful rainbows of colors, and wait to find what treats the world’s most famous bunny has left for them. They search their baskets for holiday favorites like jelly beans and chocolate rabbits, and then enjoy their fair share of eggs and ham. Easter is the second most sugar-filled holiday after Halloween, and we are here to celebrate it with some fun Easter facts.
Easter by the Numbers
This year, Easter is on April 5th. Get ready for its arrival with some fun Easter facts.
- Chocolate eggs were the original Easter candy. They were the first introduced in the 1800’s. Prior to the sweet addition, hot cross buns and pretzels were popular Easter treats.
- Peeps were first created in 1953. At the time, each peep took a lengthy 27 hours to produce. Today, the process is quite rapid, allowing millions of Americans to enjoy peeps with the snap of a finger.
- Chocolate bunnies are today’s most popular Easter candy option. A recent study indicated that 76 percent of people start with the ears when they enjoy their chocolate bunnies.
- Every Easter, Americans eat about 16 billion jelly beans. They are a favorite for stuffing into plastic eggs, and if you lined them up end to end, they would circle the globe almost 3 times.
- The traditions involving boiled and dyed eggs and chocolate eggs date back beyond the origins of Easter celebrations themselves. Eggs have always been associated with spring as a symbol of rebirth.
- Americans buy an incredible amount of candy each Easter. Roughly 120 million pounds of the sweet stuff is purchased every spring in preparation for Easter celebrations.
Wockenfuss Easter Candy
Each year Wockenfuss Candies creates a special line of Easter favorites to help you and your family to celebrate such a fun and meaningful holiday. Choose from our large selection of:
- Solid chocolate bunnies, crosses, cats, and dinosaurs
- Chocolate dipped eggs filled with goodies like vanilla butter cream, chocolate butter cream, coconut cream, amaretto cream, raspberry cream, and peanut butter cream. The options are plentiful!
- Foiled eggs, chicks, bunnies, and egg pops
- Assorted jelly beans, sour marshmallows bunnies, and bunny shaped gummies
- Sugar free chocolate bunnies and crosses, and sugar free jelly beans
- And more!
Easter is the perfect time to indulge in some holiday favorites! If you have any questions about our sweets, please contact Wockenfuss Candies by calling 1-800-296-4414 or email info@Wockenfusscandies.com. When you’re not savoring our sweets, stay satisfied by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!