Spring has officially sprung, which means Easter is just around the corner. This sweet season is beloved by children and adults alike who delight in dying eggs a rainbow of colors, searching for sweet treats hidden inside plastic eggs, and enjoying the delicious offerings left by a certain very popular bunny. Are you ready for Easter? Get in the holiday spirit with these fun Easter facts.
Easter fun facts
- This year, Easter comes early and will arrive on March 27th. The date changes each year because the holiday falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon that happens on or after the vernal equinox (aka the First Day of Spring).
- Each year, Americans eat more than 16 billion jellybeans. This is enough to circle the world 3 times if you lined them up end-to-end!
- Marshmallow Peeps, the beloved Easter treat, were first introduced in 1953. In the beginning, every peep took over 27 hours to create. The process has since been simplified and millions are consumed each year.
- Can you guess the most popular Easter candy? If you guessed chocolate bunnies, you’re right! Most people say they eat the ears first.
- Every year, Americans purchase more than 120 million pounds of candy for Easter. This holiday is second only to Halloween in terms of overall candy consumption.
Haven’t picked up your Easter candy yet? Wockenfuss has everything you need
Wockenfuss is proud to offer a delightful assortment of special seasonal Easter candies to help you and your family celebrate the holiday. Whether you prefer chocolate, gummies, or sugar-free treats, Wockenfuss is sure to have something to please everyone. Our chocolate crosses and bunnies are perfect for tucking into an Easter basket. For a delicious and beautiful ending to Easter supper, how about putting out a bowl of chocolate dipped eggs? With an assortment of fillings to choose from, your family and guests will love picking out their favorites. We have everything you need for your Easter celebration so be sure to stop by one of our nine convenient locations today!
Visit Wockenfuss Candies
If you’re planning your happy day and considering a dessert bar, stop by Wockenfuss to get started on your planning. If you have any questions about our sweets, please contact Wockenfuss Candies: call 1-800-296-4414 or email info@Wockenfusscandies.com. When you’re not savoring our sweets, stay satisfied by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!